Monday, June 11, 2007

Well

the wind has stilled on this starry night
our star glowing bright over the twin peaks tower
confirming
sign of home
sign of hope

lost though we are, we feel your caress
your whisper
your vision emblazoned across our minds' eye

woven skin to skin
tender intimacy following wild devouring
we pray private prayers
in the aftermath of the storm we find quiet

acceptance
safety
then, surrender

we fall into you
recklessly
nowhere left to turn
nowhere we want to be
our last... and first... resort

like our bodies, exposed
we are raw
we are yours
simple children
unable to forge our path
emblazon our trail
leave our mark
but that you make way

tension of desire
seeps into trust
we accept
and dare to ask
for the moon
all of it

then step onto the roof
witness our star
find confirmation
that you heard the brutally honest words
uttered from our cozy cell
taking simple abandon
to build that long-awaited masterpiece
we may see it
or we may wander till death

yet we know in this instant
that all manner of things shall be well

Currently reading : The Baron in the Trees By Italo Calvino

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Ginny,
I can't believe I found you! I have been looking for you on the net for a long time. Your poems have really become refined, they are amazing. Truly amazing! This is Cassidy, by the way. Every now and then I think about you or have a dream about and I look you up, and today I found you. I have wanted to tell you for a long time, that you are an amazing friend, you taught me so much about living life to the fullest. I am so sorry that I was not such a friend to you. I allowed others to dictate who my firends could and couldn't be. Please forgive me. I am so glad to hear that you are married to your best friend, I believe that is what makes a great marriage. I am also married, I have a 3 year old son and another baby on the way. I guess no BP or BF shrine for us after all. I wish you all the happiness in the world!!!
Cassidy