Monday, April 30, 2007

spicy Luther

My dear Amanda shared this spicy (for Luther) Martin Luther quote with me:

"Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long. Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ. Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying.

Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree. Blood alone moves the wheels of history. For where God built a church, there the Devil would also build a chapel.

If I am not allowed to laugh in heaven, I don't want to go there. Peace if possible, truth at all costs. Pray, and let God worry."

Currently watching :
What's Up, Tiger Lily?

1 comment:

quip and quill said...

Love Luther. He had his faults, but so rich in depth, such a conquerer, such a man of incredible courage-- even in his crassness. I love that line:

even if i knew tomorrow the world would go to pieces, i would still plant my apple tree...

Amen.