Tuesday, April 17, 2007

the soul should stand ajar

"The soul should always stand ajar. Ready to welcome the ecstatic experience." - Emily Dickinson

i am ready
... but imprisoned
too frail for earthly values and structures
that weigh heavier until my spirit is crushed
from seemingly meaningless matter such as work
daily conformity
societal structures
a cruel word
or demanding schedule

"The work of art which I do not make, none other will ever make it." - Simone Weil

So how do I make it?
Leave my mark?
Take the bottled-up passion and explode into final fullness?
Is the afterlife beyond death the only place where this can be?

Currently reading : If Grace Is True: Why God Will Save Every Person; By Philip Gulley

1 comment:

mrstumpf said...

You little sad girl. I hope this season will be full of good growth for you, even if you don't see it now. I think time will help us both tell what this season is about.

As for your potential creative explosion...I await to see the breadth and depth of it all when it begins to happen. You are not gathering moss as we live from day to day. I see a tie in between what is happening in our spiritual walk to what is happening in our ability to be free creatively. I think freedom is coming in a variety of forms. Be on the look out.