Thursday, August 28, 2008

Easy certainty

Whether in the strains of Gershwin and Chopin during a lunch time piano concert downtown or in the stars twinkling as I lay on blankets for film nights in parks, the intimations of "more" keep coming to me in relentless, yet gentle, waves.

Days have been sweet and truth goes deeper into my bones, though my mind can lay claim to less and less as I age. No, not insanity, but knowledge of fact, force and surety. As my knowledge increases, my knowing becomes more primarily of gut: a knowing I've always had, but with experience and time... becomes less of head, less measurable.

I concur with Rev. Jim Wallis: "Real faith... leads us to deeper reflection and not - not ever - to the thing we as humans so very much want... Easy certainty."

Currently reading : The Man Who Ate Everything By Jeffrey Steingarten

No comments: