Wednesday, September 05, 2007

YES

confines of boredom
lack of challenge
or inspiration
or human spirit

make up the world
we must be ruled by

while our core fights
wrestles within... for more

beyond the mundanity
beyond the shallowness
beyond the irrelevant importance
of what matters not

as we rot
will we care that the bottom line was met
or that people who's souls are dead
were not pleased

the sky screams... blue
the clouds whisper...run
the breeze caresses... now
the sea roars... YES

Currently listening :
Exit By k-os

3 comments:

pamela prince said...

Yes! It is encouraging to read your thoughts! You are inspiring.

Ralina said...

What a beautiful poem, Ginny. You have such a wonderful way with words that makes one FEEL.

Natalie said...

Gin! It's Natalie, Justine's friend. I'm so glad I found your blog, because I hope we can keep in touch. I remember you mentioning a few books that you were recommending--I think it was when we were ranting about the environment at one point. Do you know which one I am referring to?

Anyways...I hope you and Dan are doing wonderfully. Please come to Northern Virginia sometime. You could get a tee shirt that says "Virginia is for Lovers."