Tuesday, February 13, 2007

wait

From my dear Annie Dillard's "Pilgrim at Tinker Creek", a soul book of mine for more than ten years now:

"You don't run down the present, pursue it with baited hooks and nets. You wait for it, empty-handed, and you are filled. You'll have fish left over."

These lines hit me as a promise of hope back in 2000 when I had finally started dating Dan and was so afraid and unsure of where it would all lead. They are a promise to me again now as I wait, rather than run down, the uncertain but strangely freeing present... wait for the woods to open up to wild meadows and cliff side vistas.

Wait. It is coming.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a fantastic quote. I am convinced waiting before Christ is a key to knowing Him deeply.

It's so nice to read your blogs dear friend.